View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
kais3
AF Newbie

Re: pinch bolt engineering

I re-threaded the rusted out bolt hole for the control arm and the new bolt can be tightened. the control arm with the ball joint was replaced in may and still looks to be in good condition. I attempted to pull the drivers side axle out of the trans axle but am unable to do so even with the assistance of a crowbar and plenty of frustration. i then took apart the passenger side to see what i could see. that side came out no problem like they have done in the past. looking through the other side i can see the axle there is the gear rod in between and the drivers side axle is touching this rod. now i think and may be wrong that the axle on the drivers side is too long. after popping the passenger side out the half inch gap that is currently on the divers side was apparent with more force i could snap the c clip all the way in and the cylinder would be touching the seal. I can not do that on the drivers side since it is already touching the gear rod. However i cant get the driver side out now so that C clip must be snapped into something. I still want to get that bugger off and take it in to a store and compare, just to see. Tomorrow i am going to replace the tire bearings seeing as the car has 270000 and i know i haven't done it in the last 110000. Thanks for all your help guys.
kais3 is offline   Reply With Quote