View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 01:01 AM   #14
Torch
AF Regular

Re: I see the Esteem doesn´t interests anyone

Hi Andrew,

The belt that is pictured on my website cost $15.00 (US), buy whatever you feel that you can afford.

Blue smoke could just be the result of the engine getting old, pistons and their rings contract as they get cold, then when you start the engine not all of the oil gets scraped off back into the crankcase until the pistons warm up and expand then seal themselves.

You could also have some valve stem seals that are getting old and letting oil down past the valves and it is leaking down into the cylinder, either way it will take an engine tear down to fix either.

My car just rolled 110k miles this evening, to get the dip stick back into the normal zone I have to add half a quart of oil every 3000 miles, so if you do the math a quart of oil every 6000 miles is very reasonable.

If you haven't done it in a while try changing your oil, works wonders sometimes. I use Valvoline MaxLife 75000 mile+ 10W30 oil and a Purolator oil filter, I change the oil approx every 5000 miles, I was doing it at 3000 miles but I noticed that I was still getting clean oil out of the oil pan when I changed it so I switched to every 5000 miles.

You could try putting some seal reconditioner stuff in with the oil and see if it helps.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote