View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 06:00 PM   #92
911GT2
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by SkylineUSA
That forumla is way off.

Where do account for the area being removed by the drilling process, for the cross drilled rotors?

The way I read the formula also, is its just for area. Or am I missing something, please correct me if I am wrong.
For the cross drilled equation, note that I only included the rectangle formed by the circumference of the hole (2*pi*radius) multiplied by the rotor's thickness.

And like I said before, the rate of reaction (heat transfer in this case) is dictated by 3 things:

1)Surface area (the more surface area, the quicker something happens). Prove this by putting a drop of water on your counter. Then, put a drop on the other side, but make is cover more area (i.e. spread it out). Which dries first??

2)Temperature (temp. difference in the case of heat transfer). Cross drilling, slotted or solid rotors don't really make much difference in my argument.

3)Catalyst - not applicable.

Proud member of www.automobileforum.com

Mod -www.autoworldforums.com