View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
KMB79
AF Newbie

94 metro unpredictable non-starts

My 94 Geo Metro has been having problems starting for around a year now. It seems to occur mainly when it is warm out, and humidity may also play a part, in fact it was fine all winter and just started up having problems again last week when it got hot out. It started out last summer with taking 2-3 attempts to start, and progressed to where it would sometimes take upwards of 15 minutes to get it to start. It always sounds like it is going to start, but acts like the gas just doesn't get through. I never know when this will happen. Sometimes it will start fine 3 out of 4 times that I drive it that day, but once it will have problems. It doesn't seem to depend on how long it's been sitting since the last time I started it, sometimes it will have sat all night, sometimes just 45 minutes. The mechanic I took it too thought it was the fuel injector, so I replaced that in March, but the problem started up again anyway when it got hot out. If anyone has had a similar problem, or knows what this may be I would really appreciate any information you can share.

Thanks,
KB
KMB79 is offline   Reply With Quote