View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
frank-in-mi
AF Newbie

Re: Power to injectors is killed after 2 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrigold
I checked fuel pressure at the rail and it doen't drop. Then I used a noid light at the injectors and found that the power is interupted after 2-3 seconds. I thought it might be the anti-theft two. Trouble is, I don't think it can be fixed unless I drag the car to a cadillac dealer...
Do you have 2 keys? Did you try both? We were told that with the 2000 and 2001 CATS if a key fails or is lost, you not only need to get a very expensive new key made ($120) but also the dealer must program BOTH keys into the on-board computer with their own computer at $70/hr shop time (it is not a matter of starting the car with a good key, then swapping to the new key) .

If your fuel pump is working, I am wondering if something might have gone wrong with your computer and it dumped its brains as to what key should start your car. Have any problems immediately prior to this problem occuring, or was the car driven recently during lighting (or into an EMP <-- electomagnetic pulse :-).

Sorry I have no other suggestions but if you could, please come back and post what happened so we all can learn.

Good luck

Frank in Michigan
frank-in-mi is offline   Reply With Quote