View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Hudson
Old Mod

Re: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofpan
Let's say in goodfaith of our conversation that really Hyundai made some improvements in quality of its cars. Because really, I have an Accent from 1998.
Look at this link...
I know you're here just for argument's sake and that you want someone to defend your position, but that's not going to happen. Here's why.

Airbags are designed to fire in a relatively small range of collisions. This prevents the airbag from going off when, say, someone kicks your door or you bump the wall in your garage. Just because this Tiburon (and it could have been ANY model from ANY brand really) didn't fire the airbag doesn't mean that Hyundai has bad airbags. I don't know the angle of the accident since I wasn't there. Can't tell you any more about this particular case except that the service manager was wrong to say what he did.
Quote:
Facts like this, make me think that finally Hyundai didn't improve its cars.
"Facts like this?" You don't have many facts other than this was a Hyundai, the driver had an accident, and the airbag didn't deploy. You don't know the details of the accident to see if the airbag SHOULD have deployed. Since the driver is still alive when someone hit him doing 65 mph, I'm going to say that he wasn't broadsided (where the airbad definitely should have deployed). Other than that, you have few facts.
Quote:
Furthermore, even if Hyundai Motors improved in the last years, that doesn't excuse it for taking my money in 1998 when I bought my Accent (among a lot of other people that purchased Hyundais that time). I paid HYUNDAI and instead of a reliable car, it sell me an expensive vehicle-toy.
Sure...let's discuss your problems:
Quote:
[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I own a HYUNDAI Accent from 1998 and have only 92.000 klms (that would be about 65.000 miles).
Car that's more than 10 years old...go on...
Quote:
HYUNDAI cars generally may be cheap to buy...
You get what you pay for. You didn't expect a Lexus, did you?
Quote:
...it has poor construction quality
...again, you expected a Lexus for $10k?
Quote:
...it appears often mechanical and electrical malfunctions...
What kind? Does it leave you stranded? How often?
Quote:
...the fuel consumption usually is bigger than this described by its book...
Have you read "the book?" The part where it says "your mileage may vary." Fuel economy estimates are just that...ESTIMATES. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who can match the fuel economy numbers in "the book," which are to be used for comparison purposes only.
Quote:
...it has expensive genuine parts so an EXPENSIVE SERVICE...
Cars aren't cheap. And no matter what brand of car you buy, the parts and service from the dealer are going to be more expensive than going to NAPA. That's where the dealer makes his money.
Quote:
...it burns lots of oils inside its engine...
Did I miss the part where this car was 10 years old? When cars age, they tend to use more oil, even to the point of needing it on a regular basis. You've got an older car...again, doesn't matter what brand.
Quote:
when I drive I hear sounds and “cracks” from the main body and the plastics of the car...
See the above reply.
Quote:
In the long term, I EXPERIENCED ALL THESE PROBLEMS. My opinion is absolutely NEGATIVE for HYUNDAI generally.
I'm betting that this is your FIRST new car. As you learn more about cars, you'll see that many of these problems are NOT unique to your experience here.

You purchased the entry-level model from an entry-level brand and you expected it to perform like a Toyota or Honda priced at 2-3 times as much? There's a reason why it's less expensive. And there's a reason why you didn't buy a Toyota or Honda. You get what you pay for.

Quote:
...I ask them to fix the problem for free. Why for free? Because the problem is inside the engine, so the engine is diseffective from the factory.
You asked for the dealer to pay for a problem with a more than 10-year old car? Good luck to you no matter where you got the vehicle. NO COMPANY is going to stand by their 10-year old vehicle, no matter how gentle you are on the engine. They have NO RESPONSIBILITY for your car outside of the warranty range. If there's a defect in the engine, it will show up in the first few thousand miles. If it has lasted for 100k and 10 years without failing, there are no major defects. And recalls aren't on engine defects for 10-year old cars.

You can be as mad as you want. You should be realistic, which you're not. The car is old. If it doesn't meet with your expectations a decade after it was built, get rid of it and move to a vehicle built in this century. Anyone who has spent as little as you have and had personal transportation as long as you have shouldn't be complaining about the car's quality. Sounds like you got more than your money's worth out of it.