Thread: Car alarms?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
notladstyle@yahoo.
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to notladstyle@yahoo. Send a message via Yahoo to notladstyle@yahoo.
Re: Car alarms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinkicker04
I know this is the audio post but they do go hand and hand. Anyway i had an alarm installed at a local electronics store and with less than a year of use it has started messing up. I think it is a pioneer or panasonic. But i can stand and watch my vehicle and the alarm will go off for no reason. I have adjusted the sensetivity many times and nothing seems to work. Anyway I was wanting a new one with remote start, remote windows, locks, shock sensor, and the usual crap. What brands and models have you had good experience with or what would you recommend? Thanks in advance for all advice. By the way I have a 15" Kicker SB, Alpine MRD-M1001 amp, Alpine 5 1/4 in the doors and an Alpine head.
never buy an alarm made by either of the above... You can probably add auto window/remote start onto your existing alarm(unless it really sux) and at the same time have the shop find the problem with it going off. I had a 96 ecplipse with a bad battery that set the alarm off constantly - get an ohms meter and check the voltage at the battery, any more than .2v +/- change will piss off most alarms maybe less.

It seems my sig pic was too big for some ppl to see on their screens - srry about that
notladstyle@yahoo. is offline   Reply With Quote