Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

Re: Hello

Hey, nice to meet you! Are you by any chance the person who bought the yellow one that popped up on the Dupont Registry a few weeks ago? I don't remember the dealer that had it. I agree about the roll bar. JRD in GA does roll bars for them but he said no one's ever taken him up on it since you cannot use the (so called) "roof".

I haven't been pushing mine too close to the limits yet on cornering but I understand they have just a little bit of understeer (because of fast turn-in?) but it's reeeeal easy to hang out the rear whenever. I believe there's a small rear weight bias.

I found a good local guy to work on modular Ford products (www.woodbinemotorsports.com) and I'll be taking it in for him to go through it thoroughly, all lines, hoses, etc., and change ALL fluids. After that, my first small mods are some minor upgrades to the ignition system and the LDC Chicago Cooling Mod and he's an SCT tuner so I'll be getting a tune from him. I hang out a lot at www.modularfords.com, under this same handle. Hope you're having a blast with yours; I am with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDAIV
Just bought a 98 AIV, picking it up next week, its yellow/black interior.
Wondering why roll bars were never considered for these cars given the performance. Seems to me a Porsche Boxer style seat with integral roll bar would provide some protection. If any car gets sideways at high speed, turnovers are possible-

Do they underseer or is it failry neutral.

RED
99PanozAIV is offline   Reply With Quote