View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

VW Golf (GTI) 1-5 Generations

Well i have a few projects and so decided to put them all in one thread. Im building all golfs, well here we go what i have so far. Hopefully i can finish them this year.

First up is a Tamiya golf Racing group 2. I plan on making it a street version. So here are some pics.

Kit im using

What i'm trying to make it resemble.

Progress so far, its a old motorized kit. So i had to styrene and putty the rear section behind the seat. I painted it before, but ruined the paint job so i stripped it. I'm in the middle of rescribing it and hopefully laying some primer on soon. Im also going to put in the window frames i broke.

What wheels i plan on using, maybe ill go with some small BBS wheels like the 1:1

Next up is the Mk2 golf made by Revell. I also got the scale production t-kit for it.
Kit used:

What im planning for it to look like:

So far i fitted the bumpers and made some more copies of the t-kit as im going to build a few in the future. Progress so far.

Next up is a Mk3 Golf vr6 made by Fujimi. I plan on making it a 2 door version, or as us dubbers call them a 3 door. Its either going to be purple or a bumble bee version yellow, haven't decided yet.

Kit Used:

What it might look like with some aftermarket wheels of course.

So far i cut out the windows and set them back in the body. I also shortened the c-pillars back. Sanded off the front license plate indent. Also shaved the front grill emblem. First couple coats of primer. Next up is scribing in the new panel lines for the doors. Also have to fix some of the flaws remaining.

Golf Mk4 is next. Tamiya golf V5 kit us being used.

No progress of this one yet, but plan on starting on it this week. Below is my inspiration for it.

Some of the wheel choices for this one and maybe the mk5.

Fujimi Golf Mk5 golf is what im using on the next build.

Not much done, just glued the sideskirts and test fitting the front bumper. Im waiting for the pe kit to come in. I sprayed the windows with alclad smoke, but no pic yet.

And hopefully what its going to look like when done.

Lastly i have a build which should go in the motorsport section but since im building all golfs i decided to have it in this thread.

Kit is a motorized Imai Mk1 Golf.

The kit is very simple, with a low parts count and simple design. No detail at all. I will post what the kit contains soon. So far i have painted the body with TS paints. Bright red, and pure white. Semigloss black was used for the trim and bumpers. I also have started to lay down the decals, which are aweful. I tried some microsol and it ruined one small decal so i have had to use the hot towel and hair dryer method. Also i plan on really weathering this one, its going to look like it played in the mud!

Progress so far:

I know this is going to take me a while, so bare with me. Comments and criticism welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by MidMazar; 05-30-2010 at 08:17 PM.
MidMazar is offline   Reply With Quote