View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
trofeo90
AF Newbie

Oldsmobile Trofeo Trouble

I have a 90 trofeo 3.8 thats giving me gobs of trouble, first i aquired the car and it had a broken connecting rod because something had gone wrong and gas had gotten in the oil and thinned it causeing it to break.. The 3rd cylinder injector would always squirt gas even when the car wasn't running just when the switch was on. I replaced the engine and hooked everything back up put a new battery in but kept the old alternator and powersteering pump. I also replaced the ecm because error codes 41 and 47 said that was likely the problem. Now after i've done all this the 3rd cylinder still squirts gas all the time. I've tested the injectors and pump along with all of the fuel system. I tested the alternator on the car it was bad and i tested one off the car it was good. I put the good one on and it was then "bad" reading no output. Now i am thinking this is wiring. Also the ac does not work unless you just take the battery off the charger along with the radio and dash the speedo doesn't work but all the other gauges do if you turn on the lights and turn them off then the radio lights go out. ANY HELP would be great!?!!?!
trofeo90 is offline   Reply With Quote