Thread: Beadlock Wheels
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 01:05 PM   #37
wqbang
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to wqbang
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddog
Don't get me wrong, I realize the imprortance of Tread Lightly and maintaining a healthy relationship with the non-wheeling populous. I just think your statement is a bit of a stretch. Do I think it wise to run beadlocks on the street? Of course not, but I don't see the harm in it if thats what he wants to do.
While it is not directly related and is a stretch, I don't think running illegal beadlocks on the road could possibly look favorably on the 4 wheeling community. They are still illegal, and for a reason. If your rig is not street legal, trailer it. That is simply being a responsible four wheeler. That is not Tread Lightly, it is common sense.

Also keep in mind that 4 wheelers aren't the only people that use beadlocks. They are often used in drag racing. Most highway patrol could probably recognize beadlocks for what they are. Regardless if people know what they are or can recognize them, it is a saftey issue. When driving a 4000+ vehicle on public roads you might be risking others saftey as well as your own.

So yeah, my original point might not have been dead on, but they are still illegal, and opions on their legality should not be considered "crap". It is a real issue.