View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #15
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Re: Dealerships that SUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
This is one of the reasons I'm amazed GM closed up Saturn. This was just about the only affordable GM brand that was building a reputation on excellent dealer customer service, and it was working. People that went in to buy a $20K all-in compact car were treated like they were buying a $50K luxury car, and it went well beyond the purchase day. Even premium GM brands like Buick and Cadillac were often shared with lower-tier GM brands like Chevy, and the service between them was a half-assed effort. Saturn was different, too bad to see them go. This has nothing to do with Nissan, but I think MagicRat's point about good dealer service is an important one. Why spend $100M in marketing a competitive, capable new vehicle if the dealers drive away customers?
I agree with you. I had an 08 Saturn Aura, and, the service experience with it rivaled that of my Jaguar dealer. Over the years , I've dealt with other GM dealers in my area, and, frankly, I won't do business with them anymore. When Saturn closed down, GM lost me to Honda.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote