View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:06 PM   #64
flatlander757
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flatlander757
What are you guys kidding, the LS1 is better than the rotary engine in nearly every aspect.

-stronger
-more reliable(apex seals... cough cough)
-has TORQUE
-better fuel efficiency
-doesn't NEED turbos(and if they are ever added it will wipe a TT rx7's ass with a rock)
-not sure about easier to work on, but it sure as hell is easier to find a technician that can fix it if need be
-cheaper to make it go fast

the only negative I can think of is that the RX7s are super smooth, so I suppose if you can't stand a loping car then get over it and stop being a puss.

Yes RX7s can rev to 9000rpms.. but in reality the engine doesn't START until like what? Maybe 4500 rpms? The LS1 has a torque curve that gives it insane power from about 2000 rpms to redline.

And no, just because it has the "inferior" pushrod design does not mean it cannot go over 5000 rpms With a decent selection of valve springs and rocker arms it can see well over 7000rpms. The fact is it just doesn't need to

And to negate that argument about the LS1 weighing a DREADED 50-60lbs more than the RX7... Did you know that LS1s do NOT need twin turbos to create power? I'm not positive on how much weight a big ass intercooler, two turbos, and a clusterfunk of piping needed to make a rotary engine "up to par" will add, but I imagine it's enough to justify that this is a null point.

The end