View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 10:39 AM   #1
brucemc777
AF Newbie

Serpentine Belt reconditioning and Grip Belt products

My daughter has a 2009 2.7l V6 KIA Sportage.

Now, i would never buy a car that was named after the recognized acronym for "Killed in Action", but she really wanted the thing. Aside from the other issues, at this time we have an occasional squeal coming from under the hood, and she advises after going through a puddle sometimes the steering becomes very stiff momentarily and electrical fluctuations (i think) were mentioned.

I bought a new belt for the car and after much swearing was able to get a good leverage on the tension release, but upon inspection while the belt was still in place i noticed that it looked great - no obvious signs of wear at all.

Because changing the belt seems to me that much more of a PITA, i chose to belay the replacement and ask you folks who actually know what you are doing (as opposed to me, as i kind of make it up as i go along) whether or not any of the afore in-title cited products actually work, or are they all snake oil? I don't mind being a test guinea pig if mixed results, but if we know one way or another for certain from experience, i'd rather not waste my time (or money)

Great Thanks to you folks for your expertise and consideration!

(As to my other complaints and as a warning to all those who are considering buying an older KIA, possibly even a newer one, the plastic composition they use is so cheap many of the plastic parts are simply shattering with normal use at this point. This includes: Overhead console, interior door handles, exterior door handles, sun visor, glove box handle).
brucemc777 is offline   Reply With Quote