View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Adriandewet
AF Newbie

98 Cabrio giving me hell.

Alright so i'm a student that came to the US to study. To make things a bit easier on myself me and a friend decided to buy a car together. I would not say we rushed it. We made sure we bougth something decent, or at least we thought we did.

Soon as we left the dealer the spedometer stopped working, problem nr 1. The dealer told us since the car has already left their proporty it is no longer their problem, so they wont fix it.
The car ran fine then for a few weeks. We decided to change the radio and my friend insisted on fixing it ourselves because he did not want to pay the $65 to get it installed. While trying to change it he accidentely pulled on the yellow battery wire and it became disconnected.
We tried putting everything back they way it should be but i fear it did not work and has become the root of our troubles.

Few days ago the lights were left on overnight and the battery died. We replaced the battery and it ran fine for a day. Tried starting it this morning on the way to school and nothing. Not even a sound when turning the key. Getting really fed up and i have no idea what to do. Seems like thsi car is just eating money.

Forgot to add that now, when the key is not inserted i the ignition the fuel and temp guages move around, kind of bouncing upmand down. Once the key is inserted they stop moving and settle in the correct position.
Adriandewet is offline   Reply With Quote