View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 02:02 PM   #80
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jay2002WS6
Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
The GT mustang cannot be compared with a Z28. Ford didn't make the GT to combat them, that's what the Cobra a Mach are for.
Why don't you try to race a Mach I? After it smokes your doors off, maybe you will think differently. A Mach cannot beat an LS1, but it will certainly smoke an LT1. And the same with the old Cobra's, which have the same engine as the new Mach I.
Dude...

How can you say the GT and Z28 cannot be compared - and then say it is the Z28 and the Mach 1 that should be compared?

There is no 2003 Z28. There is no 2002 Mach 1.

These cars were never even produced at the same TIME! How the hell can you say they were supposed to compete with EACH OTHER?

I will give you that it is a more fair competition between the Z28 and Mach 1... but don't kid yourself by saying the GT wasn't supposed to compete with the Z28 while the Z28 was in production. Just because the Camaro whipped the shit out of its counterpart from Ford doesn't mean you should start comparing cars that weren't meant to compete with each other to make up for the GT's inadequacy.

While the f-bodies were in production, there was no Mustang that compared... i.e. the Z28 smoked the GT. The WS6 and SS smoked the Cobra. Saleens were garbage (that's right, I said it) and no Mustang will ever touch the Camaro ZL1.

Now the 2003 Cobra and the Mach 1 are serious cars, indeed. I like them quite a bit. But there is no 2003 f-body to compete with them... I wish there were. I wonder what would have become of the WS6 the second GM heard Ford was throwing a supercharger on the Cobra ... that's all speculation.

Just don't kid yourself by saying the Z28 wasn't Ford's main competitor with the GT.