View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #16
griffin-gt40
AF Regular

Re: Revell AMG GT - rear bumper fit

I got my Merc from a German Ebay vendor. Box arrived safe and sound and was well packaged. Actually I got my Merc and both my 570S's from the same vendor. All were packaged properly and no damage.

Now for the contents. On the Merc, I didnt have any issues with the rear bumper. Mine lined up properly, however I did get a chassis so warped that I actually had to order another one from Revell Germany. I got my Merc just before Christmas and I just got my chassis in about 2 weeks ago. The tires, warped, three of the four are pretty out of shape. I think the main issue is that the kits are produced so fast that the parts dont have time to cure properly before they're being stuffed into bags and boxed. I also think that Revell Germany needs to make their boxes a little larger. The Merc the 570's and I just got a 2012 BMW DTM car in a trade and all of them are "overstuffed" into these boxes.

I too am waiting for the Plamoz wheel and tire sets for my Merc and second 570. My first one I just used Plamoz Weissach wheels on because I got warped tires in that kit too, didnt even bother to really look at the ones in the second.

Good luck on the Merc, I hope you sort out the fitment issues.

David
griffin-gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote