View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: Engine dies once warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchoyce View Post
I am having the same issue. I have a 1996 eclipse that was running fine for a week or so. I was driving it and around the block and it did fine. It did spring a exhaust leak right at the flex tubing after the 90 degree under the engine. Now for some reason I can crank it up just fine. and it will run for about 5 minutes until warm right at under halfway on the temp gauge. and then it sputters out. It will re crank right away and die immediately. Seems to me that if it cranks but dies fuel and fire are good. I do not hear any vacuum leaks but that is my forst thought.. Any ideas?
Welcome to AF,

Please open a new thread when posting your problem, even though you may have a similar problem to the original topic it will keep the forum more organized.

As for your problem, electrical issue can be difficult to track down. First pull any check engine light codes. These may direct you to your problem. Next I would check the engine sensor to verify if they are good or not. At the minimum: Crank, Cam, Coolant, TPS, MAP.

My roomates car did the exact same thing and it turned out to be the ECU was bad. Might want to try and find one you can borrow or a cheap one would also work.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote