View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 07:44 PM   #22
spinktec
AF Newbie

Rule 12 is gospel!!.

16 years exp.. probably 200,000 bike miles on me.
First street bike: (650 Maxium) Went down at 70mph on Pacific coast highway.. slid across the road then over the cliff. Lucky I landed on a ledge about 25 feet down. Another time hit a patch of black ice and slid into a ditch on a turn. Yet another, fell on my side taking off from a toll booth in the middle of summer (puddles of oil).
Second street bike: (Seca 900) Decide to "see how fast it would go" 140mph on the speedo. As soon as I let off the gas the bike went into speed wobbles. Didn't go down but had to pull the seat out of my rectum when I stopped.
Third bike: (GS1150E) Went down in a parking lot pulling into a parking place. I had too, there was a pickup cutting through the parking space, and I was in a FULL lean. I learned a little something there.
Fourth bike: (FJ1200) Rode it 2 hours to work every day for a year but on this day... Stupid lady in front freaked out when she saw blue lights and locked her brakes. I hit her at 60mph, luckily I went over her car because the Blazer behind me ran over my bike then hit her. Me? Broken Pelvis, complete recovery.
Fifth bike (another FJ1200) Every Sunday I did the "farm road blast" (I like lot of turns). Hit a wet spot and ended up in a recently plowed field. Thought I had control until I hit a small ditch. Threw me and my bike in the air. I walked,the bike needed a subframe tweek and some plastic.
Sixth (VN1500) and Seventh (ZX12R) nothing yet, knock on wood.

I ALWAYS wear all of my equipment, and I'm still riding today because of it. I wouldn't be here otherwise. Rule 12 is gospel!!
spinktec is offline   Reply With Quote