View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 09:23 PM   #21
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

Re: Advice to new riders.

ok not to be a guy or anything, but do i even need to make a joke about the last two sentences in girli97qt's post??????

but seriously. im a car guy, new to cycles, i repect the views of older, and more experienced riders. however i think that to approach the sport from the point of view that its all buisness and no fun, its not right. also coming from a harly family background, the view on helmets is slightly different. on a sport bike, at speed, in traffic, yes, i totally and completey support the use of full coverage helmets. however they are not always needed, and can in fact, cause fatal injuries, do to skull bounce. laying down a bike, or worse, falling backwards off one, if you hit on the flesh, you get road rash, hit with a helmet, and it can bounce back hard enough to break your neck. i have known three people this has happend to. i do not mean to counter anyone on here, seeing as i do not even own a motorcycle at this point, however i thought it was a point someone should bring up. remember guys, as serious a deal as this sport can be, i think its safe to say that eveyone does it becaue its fun, and you enjoy it. try also to pass that part along to those prepairing to join ya on the road.

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
89IROC&RS is offline   Reply With Quote