View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
dennybam
AF Newbie

Re: Oil Consumption: Answer this and you’ll be the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.A.S.
I am woundering if the .020 movement is the culpret. even with new valve seals oil could bypass these. expecially if there is a moderate volume of pressure within the crankcase. I know it is not blowing out the dipstick but if you have a carbon buildup within the intake chamber that tells me oil is getting in that area somehow and the most logical place would be the intake valve/exhaust guides. I mean, how else is any build up of carbon going to get into that intake chamber arround the seat of the valve?
just a thought.
You may be right, I dont know enough about the nature of a small eng. like this,on a large V8 that would be nothing I keep thinking that it could be that .020 I am not sure so dont know what to do yet.
The oil build on the intake valves was an indacator of what the problum was, so this is why I replaced the oil seals and decarbonized all parts. But after starting it back up the smoke was still as bad. So I figured that it was oil build up in the exost systom left over from before. So I drove the car and ran it hard. It will not stop smoking, it is not a build up in the exost causing it. Have checked well for blow by; I removed the PVC hose where it enters the valve cover, and there is nothing at all coming out, No blow by at all!!
Thank you for your time!
dennybam is offline   Reply With Quote