View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
elkhunter63
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: warning lisghts on ,no gauges,runs fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek139
I just purchased an 01 Ram 1500, I had the same problem, it took a long time to find the problem because evertime they looked at the truck it was ok and they could not create the problem. I had the problem come on and drove it to the dodge dealer with out shutting down the truck. they said it was the ABS module, yesterday the Dodge dealer replaced the ABS module at a cost of $520 I will drive it and let you know if it comes back...
I have been going thru this same thing, lights on, no bus and runs fine.2000 Ram 1500. All the documents say its your ccd bus from the cluster to the pcm module. I tore the cluster out tested the white black and the violet brown pair that the bus rides on and they were ok. I bought a used cluster and still the same problem. I finally found a fix to my problem and it took 5 minutes and no $$$$$$$. In the fuse box under the hood is a module called Engine inline and it has a phillips screw. I unscrewed it and reseated the plug and my gauges started working. I did remove the ground from the battery just in case. Hopefully this helps. I was desperate and couldn't waste $1000.00 on my truck right now.
elkhunter63 is offline   Reply With Quote