View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #8
MPWR
Image Hosting Exceeded

Re: Tamiya 1/24 Nissan 300ZX Fairlady Turbo (Z32)

Ooooo, love it!!

Definitely a favourite of mine. And I don't know that I've ever seen this kit built up. I have one also, of course. I've just never managed to pick a colour for it. I'd been thinking pearl yellow, perhaps...? Dunno- and unfortunately I don't have any pearl yellow paint in my stash.

Looking forward to seeing how it comes out in pearl white. When I've done white bodies before, I've had good experiences spraying white over normal grey primer. But I'd fear that trying white over black would require a great big thick coat to make it opaque enough to avoid the otherwise inevitable grey tint.

Good to see that you're doing well, my friend- or at least well enough to build. I've been waiting a month for the weather here to warm up enough to do some painting. Still not there yet, but getting closer. I have Hasegawa's Lamborghini Miura Teed up soon as it gets there. Figure the WX in TX would have you painting sooner.

Meanwhile, it's saturday night in Tokyo. According to the Asahi Shinbun, the empty freeways are attracting the street racer crowd, attempting timed power laps of the city. Ever see Wangan Midnight? Yeah, it's happening. And somehow I find that inspiring. Where did I put that Skyline?