View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
germanyt
AF Enthusiast

just an idea i wanted to run by the RE fans

im not sure if i posted befoe, but some of you were right. my P3s blew about a week before i went on deployment back in april. i will say that for a baseline substage they would be great to work with. just do not overpower them by 300wrms each. anyway, ive saved up quite a bit of money since ive been gone and decided to redo pretty much the whole thing. i was looking at the avalance 15s and was really close to buying them. i did some research on RE and i think i have changed my mind. at first i was looking at the MTs but i couldn't bring myself to buy something that the manuf. doesn't even put a warranty on because of "the extreme nature of the product". so i chose the XXX 15s. what i want to know is what people think about the avalance 15 vice the XXX 15. also if my idea for an enclosure is best suited. im going to keep my PCX 2400 2channel and probably buy another if i get the XXXs. the amp runs 1600wrms in mono @ 4 ohm so one of these to one XXX 2ohmDVC would be sweet. doing it times 2 would be sweeter. my plans for the enclosure is to rip out the back seat and turn the entire trunk into a box and fire the subs forward. basically, where youre back would have been will be the cone. then a massive port in the middle. then pull the ass out and mount the amps there. the amps are fairly large so i would have to so some kind of rack for them. ive still got my infinity perfect comps and ref. 6x9s. will they suffice with all the bass or should i bump it up to some focals or cdts? no more cheesy caps either, im gonna try to fit a couple yellow tops in the trunk if there is room to spare. if not ill have to figure something out. anyway, what do yall think. avalanche or XXX? tear out the back seat or no? infinities or better? and how bout some mid bass? thanks for any answers.
1 Optima yellow top (www.optimabatteries.com)
1 Optima red top
200 amp alt (www.dbelectrical.com)
eDead V1SE2 250 sq ft
Big 3 (1/0 awg)
Pioneer DEH-P650 (www.pioneerelectronics.com)
Infinity Reference 5 1/4 comps (www.infinitysystems.com
Infinity Kappa 6x9s
MTX Thunder 3404
Power Acoustik TFT/LCD
Pyle DVD/CD/MP3/WAV/WMA player
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote