View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #51
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Re: Build your own car from SCRATCH?!

WOW, man. I am REALLY impressed. I can see that a LOT of time, effort and $$ has gone into your car. Nice choice on the 4AGE engine, there is also the 4AGZE supercharged version and also a DOHC 5 valve per cylinder with quad throttle bodies version of this motor that would bolt straight up!! Both engines make over 160Hp from a 1.6L!!
I should also mention the ECOTEC motor that was listed on a previous page is actually a 2L motor if it has a 86mm bore and 86mm stroke. It would still be a awesome setup!!

I am about to begin constructing my own vehicle as well. I bought a wreck on a Autobacs Garaiya from Japan and plan to swap over the good bits into a custom built all alloy frame, coil over suspension, rose jointed suspension arms and some very well developed brakes

I also follow the light weight = great car philosophy. I am aiming for 800Kg(1760Lbs) from my car as our local laws require that engine capacity is directly related to minimum weight of the vehicle. My donor car was also rear engine, 6 speed manual RWD from the factory so I got a big bonus there

I have an SR20VET engine to be fitted, with 276Hp@crankshaft in standard form. My final goal is extracting close to 800Hp from the engine with performance to shame anything this side of a Bugatti Quad-turbo W16 Veyron!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I def appreciate your work. It has given me some great ideas to incorporate into my draft design.

Thanks again.

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote