View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
evotastic.ca
AF Newbie

Re: evotastic.ca 600whp Drag Evo

Transmission

In deciding what will hold the power, I settled for the biggest and baddest manual trans available. With the exception of going with an automatic transmission or a dogbox, there is no stronger transmission. As ran on John Shepherd’s 1000whp + 7 second dragster, should take me far enough. They don’t say whether the trans grenaded itself right after that pass or shortly after, but let’s hope it doesn’t ever auto destruct. Chose to go with a 4 spider center differential over a welded diff for the sake of city driving. Shepherd rates the 4 spider to around 600whp, which is right on my goal. We’ll see when I get there whether I regret this. Also chose all the fancy options. Evo 3 1st gear & input shaft, which is a taller gear. Evo 3 fifth gear, which is also taller. May assist in not bursting my eardrums on the highway. REM ISF (whatever that does…).

The Stage 4 is our best trans without going to our dog box. We exclusively ran this trans in our 8 second Talon. This trans comes standard with a locked center diff so it is more tailored for those weekend warriors but a 4 spider can be added for daily drivers. With a properly working clutch this trans will shift at 10,000 rpms with ease. This upgrade replaces all of the 1-4 internals and shafts and has a custom ratio 3-4 to keep the rpms up between shifts and through the traps. For those wanting to run the stage 4 and retain drive-ability we can substitute a 4 spider for an additional charge.

• New Shep Trans Spec 2nd Gear
  • New 1-2 Hub/Sleeve kit with Double Synchro Rings
  • New 5th Gear Synchro Rings
  • New 1-2-3-4- 5-R Synchro Springs
  • New Input, Output, and both Drive Shaft Seals
  • New Input Shaft Bearings
  • New Intermediate Gear Bearings
  • New Roll Pins
  • New End Nuts
  • New Center Diff Side Shims
  • New Nylon Shifter Pad
  • Shims for setting preload