View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 01:56 PM   #8
DSM-Mark
AF Enthusiast

A question to the moderators... not in a flaming manner, in the least. If you want, you may delete this post and reply in PM... it may be better to give a detailed reply where people can read it, however.

Why is there no off-topic discussion permitted when it spawns off of a regular model-based thread? It only brings the community a little bit closer and lets people know they can talk to people about something, even if it goes a little off topic.

Take, for example, the recent thread about 'cool's (zerrocool) letter to Revell regarding a 4th gen Civic. I recognized that his original letter was a little weak, and offered to proofread his future emails to modelling companies. It turned into a flame rather quickly but the fire was put out quickly as well. Out of it all, we gain a little bit of an understanding of people who have English as a second language, and let them know we can help them out if they want it. I don't think it's entirely necessary to delete this kind of thread.

I understand that it is desirable to make the forum a place for people to find modelling tips, tricks, ideas, and otherwise, but it makes for a very boring place to visit. It has a library feel. You come in, you find the info you need, and you leave. The community feel is quite lost.

Anyway, that's the end of my mild rant.