View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
thetandycollector
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to thetandycollector
Re: 1977 Granada Info! Need NOW

I own both a 79 Granada and a 78 Versailles. While the Versailles has been nothing but a huge pain in the a$$ due to massive electrical issues from day 1, I bought the Granada with 69,800 original miles in 2004 and have driven it on and off ever since. Even with sitting in a field for ten years prior to my purchase the car was still in very good shape. The second set of tires had to be removed and replaced with new when I got it, but other than that, all I have EVER done to this car was replaced the EGR valve in 05, rebuilt the carb in 07, replaced tires again just because in 2010, new radiator cap and had the radiator cleaned in 2011, and a locking gas cap added this year due to nosy people that don't have enough money to get their down gas.

Mine is a 1bbl 250 Inline 6 with a three speed auto. 4 dr. Have been driving it since high school, and haven't managed to kill it. Believe me, I've tried, and with all the drags and high speed pothole filled country roads, it's a wonder I haven't. And, don't let anyone tell you they have no power, I've got more power in this landboat in that inline six than I EVER had in my 302 Lincoln Towncar... and I haven't removed the emissions. This car was mechanically untouched the day I purchased it, with the exception of an AC compressor replaced in the mid 80's, and remains so for the most part today... all new engine gaskets next week, I'm refreshing the whole thing for my lil' bro He just got his license Monday.
thetandycollector is offline   Reply With Quote