View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 10:35 PM   #7
stustunz
AF Newbie

Re: Fuel consumption

ok cause the car thinks its cold it doesnt use the lean burn like when you first strt the car on a cold morning its only once the car is warmed up it goes into the lean burn mode at between 2500 rpm and 3500 rpm from memory .Once the resistor is in place it runs slightly richer i found that the fuel usage actually went down slightly after this i guess cause the car just runs that bit smoother
one other thing is i have hose connected to the intake sucking a small amount of injector cleaner sucking into the intake in the hope it cleans the back of the valave seems to work stops some of the noisey tappets which is also caused by the carbon build up
if i could find where the egr valve was i would block that off aswell but as i dont have a manual i dont want to go pulling the whole engine apart as i need the car everyday i havent done that yet
so if you can send me the page of where that is i would be thankfull you are the first person i have found that has a manual i tried the jerks at the dealership here but cause my car was a used jap import they dont want to help me
stustunz is offline   Reply With Quote