View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
confused99
AF Newbie

Can you paint a car with car paint?

Long story short I am a young female who got scammed by a independent body shop owner working on my front bumper. Instead of a couple cracks and scrapes it it now sanded and primed on the entire side of the bumper with no paint job. Not sure if I will get money back in small claims and don't have much more money to spend. Since the job was halfway done I was wondering what I could do to at least make the bumper the same color as the rest of the car. The auto parts store sells car paint that matches my vehicles model and Ive seen a bunch of articles online about painting a car with rustoleum and mineral spirits is this the same thing?? Would it look terrible if I just got some of the car paint for my model and used a foam roller brush? If I can get my money back in court I will probably just get the entire bumper cover replaced but I need something to hold me over for now because right now with the primer it looks like someone just walked past my grey Corolla with a can of white paint and tripped. Any cheap do-able ideas that will work for a DIY for a female who has zero to no experience with any of this?
confused99 is offline   Reply With Quote