View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 09:18 PM   #46
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
that's why BMW & Mercedes were so scared of Lexus when the LS400 came out... because it had more features and it had the most quiet ride of any car

I think Lexus proved itself with that car..... I would say Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar are the majore luxury competitors
and then Audi and Infiniti are just under (even though the gaps are closing)

and it doesn't matter that lexus is only like 15 years old cause Lexus doesn't make the cars, that's just another name for Toyota... and how old is Toyota?! pretty old, i think. Toyota has proven themselves as a good company, so sayin that lexus is too new to be good isn't true because toyota has almost as much history as the german boys

like me myself, i like BMW better than Lexus.... but lexus is damn close, and i can't lie and say that the LS430 is worse than a 740i...

oldsmobile is around a 100 years old, that doesn't proove anything to me... doesn't mean their car is better than lets say Honda
You always say that the Lexus had "more features" but like what? and even if it did have a quieter ride i doubt it was by much...also ture Toyota HAS been around for a long time...but they were bulding econo sports and family cars nothing in the high-end lux market. So really lexus/toyota has only been building the lux cars for two generations (since 89 or 90).... also you cant (at least not while being fair) compare the last generation 7 series to the latest generation LS..... youd have to compare it to the 745i or the S430 (short wheelbase)....