View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 08:06 AM   #29
Isuzuoil
AF Newbie

Trooper maintenence and servicing

I have a 99 Trooper with 91K miles. Does anyone have any recommendations, or insights in servicing troopers?I had the excessive oil consumption too. About a quart every 500 miles. Luckily I check my oil at least once a week. I remidied it by cleaning the engine with sea foam, and an engine oil flush cleaner. I also used another product called Greased Lightning engine cleaner in the fuel. The oil consumption seems to have gone away. I had changed the oil in the truck every 4-5k miles up to now. I am going to start changing it every 2-3k from now on and keep a close eye on consumption . The truck has been absolutely reliable otherwise. In 90k miles I have only replaced the tires and brake pads at 4 years and 80k miles, and a battery at 5 years and 90k. Nothing else. Not a squeak, rattle or any other sign anything is wrong. Starts every time and never misses a beat. The owners manual shows that the spark plugs and timing belt need to be changed at 100k. Anything to watch out for? I hope to keep the Trooper for another 90k miles and want to make sure its taken care of. Any insights would be appreciated.
Isuzuoil is offline   Reply With Quote