Thread: wits evd
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Taylor Nakamura
AF Newbie

Angry wits evd

I have this problem where when my clutch was not depressed to the floor it would make a whirring noise that got higher as I would give it gas, but only when my foot was not on the clutch. I was told that this was the throw out bearing. Being that I am a new Z owner and not entirely confident of doing it myself I took it to an angies list and checkbook rated mechanic to replace it. he does, and now not even a full day later its making the same noise. I don't have the money to keep taking this in and I really love the car but I can't keep listening to this noise, its just depressing, any thoughts or feedback would be most appreciated, if I have to read every manual there is and start fixing it myself I will.
Video of the noise as taken from the driver side just behind the front tire, I wasn't in the car but as I stated when I step on the clutch pedal the noise goes away. Goes faster and gets higher pitched as I give it gas. Throwout bearing replaced but Im wondering if it wasn't greased right either on the bearing or forks, any input would help

http://youtu.be/uc4G5CAy9j8
Taylor Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote