View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: aftermarket bulbs:color temperature and usable light output

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Apearently, Matt endorces SilverStar So whats the deal with these bulbs?

Matt, for some reason, when I read the quote.. I can picture you standing next to your car and saying that... finishing it with a big smile and a thumbs up... like some kind of commercial. lol
haha, we gotta get a pic of that for the site and this thread!

But seriously, I like them because they are brighter than stock yet still a non-damaging so close to stock wattage and they look somewhere between your average OEM halogen, and a PIAA Super White bulb. They light at a 4000K light temp level, though I wonder what that number is when the high beam portion is on since mine seem to gain a bluish tint around the edges of the light patter when I have them in high beam mode. Normal hyperwhites are bluish in low beam and go more white in high beam. SilverStars "at the least the H4's i have) seem to do the opposite which is kinda neat. They won't blow out prematurely like ANY OTHER high wattage bulb will, and IMO they are a more readily available if not cheaper alternative to PIAA bulbs, of which I'd also highly recommend as well if you can get them a good decent price. I actually am wanting to pick up a pair of H4 PIAA Super Plasma GT-X bulbs for my car to see how they are.

Now about their new line of "turn signal" bulbs... Pics below (the night one actually does them good justice):

I also just like you Eckoman, have yet to see H3 style SilverStars for sale at any shop/store that sells Silverstars. I'd have bought some for my fog lights by now if I had...
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote