View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #1
irish1995
AF Newbie

Unhappy HELP PLEASE!! 2004 Grand Prix GTP Supercharged

I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP supercharged.
I had most of my power steering fluid get dropped on the ground about 2-3 weeks ago. I wasn't able to get it fixed at the time and so I left it without any powersteering fluid. I was mowing lawns and I had my lawn mower in the trunk of the car which caused a good amount of weight in the back. I was on a hill going to leave and a loud squeeling/grinding noise started. I can feel what ever is causing the noise in my accelerator when my foot is on it. Almost sounded/felt like it was fluid going past something that didn't have much room. I was driving last night and felt a kinda light thud in the accelerator didn't really make any noise. Well the squeeling quit and grinding feeling seemed to stop as well so I thought I was in the clear. I started driving home from work and noticed that a warning came up on my dash screen saying something along the lines as "charging system failure/not working". This just started showing about 2 days ago. As well it said "shutting down AC in order to protect engine". That's when I noticed my car was overheating and literally almost maxed out. (the squeeling/grinding has stopped.) when I popped the hood to look at the engine it didn't feel hot at all and I didn't see any spots where It was smoking. Any ideas what this could be? I had one person that's nota mechanic look at it and he said that my serpentine belt was needing replaced and that I guess theres a belt in the supercharger that just completely isn't there. Its ran just fine up until this point. I did notice as well I had to take a long drive from Knoxville to home (25mins) and when I got home it looked like my supercharger/power steering pump was smoking but I couldn't see where it was smoking from. (at this point it was still squeeling/grinding and was NOT overheating). Now the noises are gone and its over heating and saying those warnings. I was planning on replacing the serpentine belt and putting the supercharger accessory belt on it. As well planning on replacing power steering pump with my next check. Is this possibly a bigger issue I should be focusing on instead of what I am? The car shifts great, Gets up to speed quickly still, and even ran well while the noise was being made. Again, Squeaking/grinding noise, Could feel in accelerator, pop was felt in accelerator, Squeaking/grinding quit, 30 minutes later car started over heating instead. I do not know much about cars and was planning on spending the day at a car parts shop trying to fix it while being walked thru on youtube videos. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP
irish1995 is offline   Reply With Quote