View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #61
viperh
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to viperh Send a message via Yahoo to viperh
Re: Re: having problems with 94 Geo Tracker.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94twacker
well, after the recent problems with the temp guage and such, we took it back to the mechanic that told us to bring it back if it starts getting worse. It got worse, alot worse. The bucking was awful and uncontrolable. Well, he looked at it and said that he got a wiring diagram for it and got under the dash and unplugged and plugged back in a couple of plugs and it seemed to fix the problem. Well, so far so good, and it has been a few days now. It hasnt bucked at all, the temp guage hasnt acted up, and all is good. All except ever since we took off the tps and tested it its acting up a little, as soon as you let off the gas while driving it starts slowing down real quick, I think it may just need to be adjusted properly, or replaced. Either was I am just thrilled this seems to be fixed, it has been a LONG time now. So to anyone else having simular problems, try something really easy and just get under the dash and unplug and plug some plugs in, one may be slightly loose or dirty, you never know but it has seemed to solve a problem that has been very bad and serious for some time now, so it cant hurt to try!
He probably unplugged the ECU then pluged it back in.. You can accomplish the same thing by un hooking the battery and turning the key to on and in 30 min come back out turn the key to off and try starting it up. It seriously sounds to me like he reset the ECU.
viperh is offline   Reply With Quote