Thread: What to get?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
KnightHawk63
AF Newbie

What to get?

Hello AF members! First post here. Right, long story short: my 02 Mustang GT recently got totaled last month. I loved that car, black, 5spd, 3:90 rear, CAI, tune, under drive pulleys, short throw shifter, I think that was it besides exterior and interior aesthetics. Quick from a stop, very quick 0-60 due to steep gearing. Now here's the question: I'm getting 7.1k from insurance, only looking to spend 5k on a car and save the rest for parts, servicing, other bills. I'm switching it up completely and looking into imports mostly. Focusing on 4 bangers and v6s, preferably stock with turbo setups. Year range 2k-up. I know nothing would be able to roll with the mustang I had unless it gets modified (I'm looking to lightly modify with bolt ons and tune). Which cars would be a great modification base that responds well to inexpensive bolt ons and there's a large after market? To put things into perspective: my eyes are on Acura RSX's, Eclipse GT (2nd gen), VW Golf GTI 1.8T, Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Honda Civic SI, also a domestic (Ford Focus ZX3) what am I missing? I know I'm looking for decent gas mileage (ANYTHING would be better than the mustang), fun to drive, good get up and go, good looks, good features (like sunroof). This isn't a typical comparison request since this is a feeler, but I had no idea where else to put this. I appreciate any answers! Also the car must be easy to find, no trims that are near impossible to acquire.

PS: I just read the import vs.domestic thread so I apologize for referencing those terms for the cars I was talking about. I have no preference to either, it's just that since I live in the States that's how we categorize. Please don't lock my thread haha
KnightHawk63 is offline   Reply With Quote