View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
360spider
AF Moderator

Tamiya 1/24 NISSAN Silvia K's (S13)

Since I finished with Miata, time to pick another quick box stock to keep the ball rolling. I have a few kits that I do want to build and put on the shelf, but I don't want to superdetail or spend way too much time on them - so these Tamiya box-stockers are perfect way to do just that.*

This is another Nissan that I have built close to 20 years ago when I just started getting hooked on these Tamiya kits, and it also did suffer at the hands of my nephews long time ago and was blown to bits probably at some point. Time to build another one.

When I buy kits that were re-issued at some point, I always try to get an original release - for the history of it first, and the fact that molds are usually much better than subsequent re-releases. The only case where that might not be the best way to go is with older race cars, where original decals might be a problem - they usually do deteriorate over time. This one doesn't have many decals, thank fully. Just like I like it - original Tamiya release of 1989 in a grey bottom box with original catalogs, crinkly tamiya plastic, yellowed instruction sheet and that unforgettable smell of a 90-s kit!

The kit is curbside, rather simple, but that is not the point here. S13 is a legend, and look at that shape! 80-s minimalism at its finest!

Will be painted factory Bluish Silver with gun-metal skirts. Wish me luck!