View Single Post
Old 10-12-2001, 05:37 PM   #1
eternalparadox
AF Newbie

1998 Honda Accord-Blown Head Gasket?

Hello,
I have a 1988 Honda Accord, I recently took it to the mechanic for a routine oil change, he noticed the radiator fluid extremely low, and filled it. The very next day, I began to notice the temperture rising, extremely high, I drove for a bit and finally add water. About 4-5 days later, I was driving (temperture normal) when I noticed a hissing from under the hood. Looking under it I noticed a crack in the radiator along the top front edge of the car, running from about the base of the radiator cap half an inch. From then on my car has record medium temperture, yet numerous power losses, I recently stalled while driving, I have added water but but nothing is working.

What I believe it is, is a crack in the radiator, but I have a suspicion that it may be more than that, Could it be a blown head gasket?
What signs can I look for other than high temperture and loss of fluid, can a blown head gasket cause a crack in the radiator or vice versa? And how through a visual inspection can I see if it is blown or not? I have not see any leaks anywhere. The car recently stalled at a light, and had a dead battery kind of droun to it, after several attempts it restarted (smoking a bit) I quickly pulled over and had it towed home.

Anyone with comments would help, I rather uneducated about this situation.

Thanks !

-eternalparadox
eternalparadox is offline   Reply With Quote