View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
jochen kieslich
'wannabe race driver'

Re: HANS device & helmet 1:24 scale DONE

First of all, thanks a lot for your kind words! I appreciate that!

Professor HANS, thanks!! That confirmed me.

Let me close that chapter………it took me quite some nerves due to the tininess of that whole thing. I have another problem by now, guess which one!?
Yes, right, I don’t know how to handle that thing. It’s made out of round about 30 parts now and fragile like nothing I’ve done before. I think I put in a safe now…;-)

Call the result sketchy, i apologize but i complied with a lots of pics. BUT in the end the look as a miniature is what counts. At least from my point of view….to quote Francois Verlinden, the Belgian godfather of military modelling, it’s “GUESS WORK” (but somehow also real).

As I said before, I’m not quite sure about the size. I think the helmet could be more bulky BUT it is how it is (oohhoo, the red wine is taking effect again!!!).

I’ve chosen NOT to fix the cables / connectors to the helmet (as often done in real race situations by Velcro-strips) due to the somehow “small appearance” of the helmet. The loose cables help to enlarge the item. Know what I mean? Don’t know how to explain it better.

STOP talking now, holy…….

Here are the latest and last pics about this one.

Good fight, good night!!!
All the best

Jochen ( downed by Palo Alto, Reserva from Chile.......)

-emotional miniatures-
jochen kieslich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jochen kieslich For This Useful Post:
Professor HANS (04-19-2012)