View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #90
LowETz
AF Regular

Re: Racers.... post your times

Hey guys! Been a long while since I've logged on....

Well.... In the never ending quest to satisfy the illness I've been diognosed with(AKA drag racing), I've made some changes to the pewter pig.... thought I'd share some specs and pics-

So, starting out with a perfectly good 346" H/C/N2o motor that did NOT need to be replaced..... I(you guessed it)replaced it. I should be slapped-

Went with another LSX motor. A Vengeance Racing( www.vengeancerd.com ) built L92 416" stroker took up residence under the hood.

Some of the details include:
Pump gas friendly 12:1 CR
Callies crank/rods
Manley, coated/gas ported pistons
Hell Fire rings
ARP main/rod/ head studs
TFS 225 heads, 350 cfm @ 0.600" (BIG thanx to Brian Tooley @ TEA)
Harland Sharpe roller rockers
FAST 90mm intake
NastyN8 rails
Nick Williams 90mm TB
Mezziere elect. water pump(race version)
Kook's 1-7/8" stainless Long tubes

End result was 550rwhp/502rwtq NA.

Motor still only has about 500 miles on it, so it may pick up some after a few thousand miles.. I've only made one pass in it since the build, and while it was an ugly pass w/a terrible 60'(left off the trans brake.... blew the tires/banged the limiter in 1st AND 2nd), it still trapped 130mph on motor.

Did some R&D with a ported Vic. Jr./sheetmetal elbow setup, but seemed to lose power under the curve, and lost some peak, so I'll be swapping the FAST 90 back on. Here's some motor shots, some of the TH400 swap, and suspension changes. Went with a different backspace on the rear wheels, to get the tire tucked in a bit more. Not a bad fit for a 28-12.50 MT ET Street on a stock width rear-

Went ahead and pulled the A/C, power steering, ABS, cruise control and added a chromoly K-member, upper/lower A arms. Lost an even 200 lbs.
Car is finally under 3500 lbs.(3375#), but still looking for another 200 lbs.

So.... based on an abortion pass(driver error ALL the way), were thinking it's got 10.1x's/10.2x's @ 134-5ish in it on motor. Can't wait to hose it with a 300 hit. Low 9's should be a hoot.

Chevytrucks- LOVE the Nova! EXCELLENT choice. Been lookin' for a '6 myself. Have found a '66 Chevelle roller in pristine condition I may pick up for a cruiser.

lowsonoma1999- Nice ride! 60' #'s are tittylicious! Can't blame you one bit for the change in thought process. If I could, I'd do the same thing. Maybe in the next couple years-

Everyone else- Thanx for posting up. Glad to see we've got some go "qwik" guys here!

+1 on an official ET list.

Sorry for the long post..... guess I got a little carried away LOL!

Take care folks, and be safe out there!
VENGEANCE RACING L92 416" Stroker
550rwhp/502rwtq NA
Track #'s coming-
F.A.S.T. 90mm | NW 90mm | TEA/TFS | TNT | ROSSLER | YANK | MOSER | QA1/HAL | BMR | WOLFE

"I spend my money on race parts and fuel...the rest I waste"
LowETz is offline   Reply With Quote