View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 11:41 PM   #154
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Re: what top 10 cars do u want in your garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit
<PORSCHE>

I know what you mean about people only wanting the most expensive up to date cars, but in all honesty, would you rather have a Cayenne S or a Cayenne Turbo, considering you don't have to pay for either. I mean yes we are all trying to be individual with our lists, but why not take the faster of the two? (I'm not quite sure if there are any other differences between the two Cayenne models, but I would rather have the Turbo).
I tend to throw price into the eqaution, whether it is there or not. If price was made no object (clearly stated) 95% of the people would choose the saem dman cars, or very similar ones. don't get me wrong, these machines are all at the top of their respective food chains, but they get boring after a while, well hearing of them anyway.

That's why I picked the S over the Turbo. I perosnally will never have a need for a 450 hp Porsche SUV, it's almost borderline impractical. The Cayenne s has a decent motor, the badge and a bit of German engineering behind that badge, enough for me.

If you looka t the reasons in my list, you cna see why I wouldn't need the Turbo, all other cars on there are sub 5 second 0-60, fast enough for most people, myself included. It encompasses all my wants and meets my needs.

I'm almost tempted to throw in an Old Camaro or Mustang or even Citroen SM (Nifty headlights that turn with wheels) because half those cars can't make half the racket a 396 or 428 can, or bring out the golden years of these comapnies. It's all about personalities, and some people even think have the faster, more exspensive cars newer cars, will make their list better, whatever floats your boat I guess.

I also like to look at it in terms of my climate, the maintenance these cars will need, a GT2's connecting rod isn't available in the NAPA catalog, unfortunately.

I think of these things cause that's the way I am.

BTW, Prelewd, the EB110 does indeed have a Quad Turbo fed 5.5L V-12 cranking out some 555 hp. Check the EB110 SS I hear it's north of 600 ponies.The new Bugatti Eb 16/4 also has a Quad Turbocharged engine, I guess they like to blow.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote