View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 02:08 AM   #2
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

I remember seeing that article a while ago while cruising the web. People looking for more info can read Dutch Mandel's article in the March issue of Autoweek, Sam Fiorani's article in the Nov? 1998 issue of Collectible Automobiles, and the June 1990 issue of Automobile magazine. Wiegert sued Mandel over his article. I didn't think the article warranted a lawsuit.

The LA Times online archive has some articles as well. The most interesting stuff is from 1993, when the Vector Board fired Wiegert.

If Wiegert is looking for more money for his new Vector Supercars company, he should think about doing a book. The history of Vector and Wiegert would make a great "made for TV" movie. I wonder if the guys who do "Behind the Music" would ever do a "Behind the Vector" special.

No matter what you read about Vector or Wiegert, remember there are many views on what happened at Vector. I am sure Wiegert would reject any negative stories told by former Vector staff. The question is, who can back their views on what happened.

Anyone who can find old newspaper articles please post the date, the publisher, and the title of the article on the boards or e-mail me at vectorclub@aol.com

Thanks!!
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote