View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
imakedacookies
AF Regular

Somethings funky 08 dodge rear end

On my 08 3500 cab and chassis dually I'm having some wierd issues that I just cant quite explain and am ready to catch the thing on fire. Long story short. In the last 40k miles I've gone through 5 rear seat of brake pads, 3 rear rotors, and a caliper, and countless calipers slide bolts sheared off clean in the mounting bracket. Shredded inner and outer bearing on one rear side also for some reason the axle on one side seems to push itself out enough to break the seal and strip a couple threads on each bolt and proceed to cry black tears down my wheel. (That last one happened today, it wasn't leaking on my way to work, moved it .5 miles to get a different piece of equipment and there was the oil) I've fixed everything as it happens and it always happens fast. Like within a 100 miles. I check everything on the rear end every morning because it's been such a issue and then something decides to shred itself. What the hell can cause such disfunction on a rear end? I drive almost nothing but dirt roads which is hard on a pickup but this is way too excessive and I don't drive it hard at all.
imakedacookies is offline   Reply With Quote