View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #78
stevenoble
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1/24 Peugeot S2000 / Fiesta S2000 - Belkits

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenoble View Post
It makes it very hard for people who would prefer to mask and paint the background colours instead of using all decals...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyckles View Post
So you only need to apply 1 color instead of multiple. This was also the case with the Peugeot kit with all the different livery's.
Yes I understand that Lesley like I said above. But doing so makes it harder for people who actually would prefer to paint all the colours instead of using decals. There are certain areas on the car that I think would benefit from being painted instead of decalled. One such area being the tailgate (red areas) Complex shape and the depression where the number plate fits would be easier if painted. Also the red areas on the rear wheel arches where the 'Abu Dhabi' logo fits and most definitely the complex decal that wraps around the lower rear bumper. Just my thoughts, but I think they would benefit from being painted so that a better finish could be achieved. Very difficult to follow those curves with decals. Nothing follows a curve as well as paint does....