View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 03:07 PM   #96
Emilykathlene
AF Newbie

Re: EveryOne with Transmission problems... A Chrysler Secret...! Read This...!

I I own two Vans with the a604/ 41 t e FWD automatic transmission. My 95 Plymouth Grand Voyager Le has a 3.8 L engine in it and my 98 Dodge Grand Caravan SE has a 3.3 L engine. The Plymouth Voyager transmission has a problem. No drive or reverse the vehicle will not move. I have gone to other sites and read some possible ways to troubleshoot this problem. A link to one such site is http://jerickweb.50webs.com/autobin/Chry_Trans_Tip.html

I don't know if it was in here or not where it said one thing you can do is try to start your car while it's in gear and if it starts it means the transmission is stuck in neutral. I don't remember if there was a solution for that problem though LOL but that's easy enough even for my skill level
It's important for me to tell you that I am not a mechanic in any way. So anything I give you here if it's not applicable please don't tell me in a rude way how ignorant I am. I would agree with you I am ignorant when it comes to being a mechanic. But with the wonderful internet and forums I have actually fixed some mechanical problems just by following the directions to fix the problem I Googled. The things I'm going to reference, I plan to try next time I get brave enough to go try to fix the Grand Voyager again. The times between attempts for me can be weeks or months as I don't even know many engine components are located let alone be able to detect a malfunction . It's very frustrating ! This thread appears to me to be created by knowledgeable participants. Thanks to you I think I can locate my Van's "brains" on both firewalls. I will then attempt to not destroy my voltmeter or the car as I test for wiring issues y'all have described very well, with warnings. maybe even well enough for me to follow

thank you all for being here and being so willing to help .
Emilykathlene is offline   Reply With Quote