View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 05:40 PM   #24
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletang
What magazine is this? Car and Driver and Motortrend have talked about how well the Mustang handles for a live axel.

Can't handle the power like a live rear axel. If you want an IRS to handle tons of power without breaking you're going to pay thousands and thousands of dollars.

Wrong again. IRS weighs more, can't handle as much power, and is useless for drags. In drags weight is the name of the game and why would I put a heavier rear end in my car if it can't handle the power of a lighter rear end?

IRS is good for all around driving but if you like to go fast in a straight line, it sucks. If you want a state of the art IRS I hope money grows out of your ass.

Uh huh.

There was no '00 Cobra except for the Cobra R. If that was the case it doesn't matter for handling because everything else would of been a joke.

Handling yes and braking but in the 1/4 there's no way in hell if it was the R. If it was a normal '99 though they would of been near the same.

I promise you if the '03/'04 Cobra had a live axle it's 1/4 would of been lower. Why? IRS can't get the power to the ground as well.

It was an import car magazine. My buddy had a copy of it.
Filthy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote