Thread: WTF is a Lancia
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #73
SyPTo
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SyPTo
i own 2 lancia Zagato's at the moment and i'm fixing to import an delta evo to the US...

lancia's are fun cars to drive with but by no means cheap , they are very high in maintanance.

Btw Fiat/Lancia stopped export to the US in 1982 , so that's the last model that's available if it wasn't custom imported.Zagato's are harder and harder to find with every passing year as these cars are very prone to rust , and if you have one and let it go it will turn into a heap of scrap metal in no time.

the Fiat/Lacian dual overhead cam motor has been in production for over 18 years and has hardly gone thru any heavy modifications between the years.

For tuning the dual carbs are better then the newer Fuel injected car.

i mean look at the delta S4.... 1800 CC , but making a little over 400 hp's , 400 hp's is not unheard of with the 2000cc fiat/lancia motors but they get very prone to fatal errors if you try to get them up that far.

mine is supposed to go on the dyno somewhere next week to see where we are at at the moment right now these parts are changed :

*Camshaft replaced with an 306 degrees
*an dual carb conversion kit (mine was an FI originaly)
*2 45 DCOE webers
*Custom exhaust headers ( as factories are not longer available)
*Enlarged Intake and exhaust valves
*210 lb comp valve springs (to elimintae valve flutters)
*9.8:1 high comp. pistons
*high volume fuel pump + regulator
*infinite adjustable timing gears
* ignition system has been changed

beyond that i have brought the head away to have it shaved and pressure tested to make sure it's not going to give me any problems.and the cranks was polished and balanced for optimum performance , aswell as the clutch was replaced with an competition group and plate and the flywheel was changed with an lighter one.

all in all this car is very fun to drive and it will leave most US sportscars standing at the traffic light , and if raced quite a few juppies in bmw's , mercedes , mustangs, camaros but none can touch this car.

its light with an amazing accelaration from 0-60.
SyPTo is offline   Reply With Quote