View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
TheStashProject
AF Newbie

Re: New Ford gt LM 2016 1/24 from revell

I gotta say I'm dubious. The stock number is a RevellAG one, which would indicate an entirely new tool - since the existing Revell U.S. GT is a 8 piece Build n Play and effectively useless.

Release date says March, and exactly where have they been hiding this around 90 days to release all new tool race car kit? I mean even super-secretive Tamiya shows their stuff 3 months before release. No 3D renders, no test shots, no whispers of this until it plops down on Spotmodel & HobbyLink Japan this morning?

RevellAG announced their spring releases about a month ago, and this certainly wasn't on it. There's no mention of it on any of their social media, their corporate blog, their corporate forum, or the European Revell Fan Forum.

Not saying it couldn't, or shouldn't happen, but until I see someone affiliated with Hobbico in some form or fashion comment on it, I wouldn't buy it - at least not that early in the Spring. Maybe someone accidentally leaked a 2018 kit that would have been announced on January 1st with their main news. Although in typical Revell fashion it's a 2016 (I know that the one that won) model & livery, not 2017...or 2018 considering it'll only be 90 days til the next running of the 24hrs if the release date were somehow correct.
TheStashProject is offline   Reply With Quote