View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Just got the '05 S model today, FWD with black leather interior. Loved the first drive, and for a SUV, it handles just like a car. Suspensions are great, improved ride, and bumps are hardly noticeable compared to my other 2 cars (see: profile). There's a been a few refinement and changes for the '05 model, which weren't available for '01-'04 I believe. The gearbox has been transferred to (conventional) middle (instead of steering). Immaculate interior for its level, great car thus far! Wind deflection is great until ~85 and above, after that, outside noise may penetrate a little, depending on passing vehicles. Other than that, the inside is a noise-free environment. The engine is smooth and quiet, even when depressing the gas and revving for torque and power. Passing muscle is plenty for a non-V8 FWD. The torque is a bit underpowered, but this is most likely due to the break-in period. With overdrive-off, the torque increases significantly and often available. It's sufficient for a vehicle of this size and mass. Hopefully Mazda reliability will shine through when needed in the long run. The other vehicle I was seriously considering was the '04 Nissan Murano. But this overall is a terrific buy! Highly recommended .

Dohc V6 200BHP @ 6000
Torque: 193 @ 4850
Curb weight: 3400lbs (Increased for the '05).